26.3.2015

SPSH Swap 2015 - outgoing to Italy!

Yey I'm so excited to write you about something cool I participated in about three weeks ago; the Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt hosted by Fab from Snail Mail Love blog!! 

According to Fab, SPSH is "a swap aimed two connect to strangers via mail by having them randomly paired, and exchanging a package full of wonders!". This was my first time joining the swap and I really love the idea! :)

Even though I'm still waiting for my own parcel to arrive (soon, I hope!!), I wanted to show you what I got for my partner, Barbara from Italy! Below you can see everything I sent her in small packagings. 


 We had to pick five items from this list to find/craft + a gift:
  • the City Explorer's Kit: take a day off and collect little things of your city for your partner. Can include, but not limited to: maps, flowers & leaves, postcards, tiny souvenirs, photos, interesting newspaper clippings & pamphlets, etc  - just don't grab a bunch of random junk within arm's reach, put some effort in it; 
  • Something that represent you: for example - are you an artist? Send your partner a little painting. Do you love to knit? Send your partner a hat.. and so on;
  • A mix CD with your favorite tunes. (Pro Tip: create a cover for it);
  • the Postal Freak's Kit: Can include, but not limited to: postal goodies such as address labels, used stamps, envelopes, stationery, a mail art kit etc.
  • the Bad Day Survival Kit: assemble a kit of nice things that may help your partner to feel better when they're having a bad day. (Ideas: your favorite candy, a poem/story, bubble bath, a list of  happy songs/movies etc);
  • Something quirky;
  • Something with - your partner's - monogram on it;
  • Something oddly shaped;
  • Something old fashioned;
  • Something to read;
  • + a gift for your partner!

As soon as I saw the list I had a lot of ideas what to do, totally inspired! :D

The first thing I picked from the list was this, 'the Postal Freak's Kit'. I included some cardstocks, envelopes, papers, tags...


...and this small bag/envelope filled with stickers, used stamps, priority labels etc ^^



 For 'something quirky' I decided to send something Finnish and sweet; Angry Birds treats (2 lollipops + liquorice)! Maybe not the quirkiest thing ever but ohwell, at least my partner liked them which counts the most, right?



I loved to put this one together! It's 'the Bad Day Survival Kit' where I put some candies, Finnish chocolate (who wouldn't need some chocolate on a bad day?), Moomin tea, perfume...Oh, and a list of cheerful (Finnish) songs!


For 'the City Explorer's Kit' I found some brochures and maps from multiple cities instead of just one. And added a few photos (they look strange in this picture because of the lightning) :)


And for the gift I decided to send Barbara a bit of Finnish design! 


Now I'll continue looking forward to my SPSH incoming mail... Can't wait! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Most viewed of the month: